What is Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system which was introduced by Microsoft on 29th July 2015. Windows 10 would be available for free of charge to users who using genuine copies of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
They aren’t giving automatically installing windows 10, but they give a downloader file which at least 3 GB. This takes lot of disk space and it wastes the network bandwidth. And there are numerous privacy issues grab with windows 10.
How to disable 10 download
As we see it’s a big short coming for not having a quick easy button for disable windows 10 from downloading. But there are several ways to disable windows 10 downloading.
- Search for “programs and features” on start menu.
- Select “view installed update “ on left side of window
- If you’re running windows 8.1 update look carefully for those updates – KB 3035583, KB 2976978. If your running windows 7 look carefully for these updates – KB 3035583, KB 2952664 and KB 3021917
- Right click each update and select uninstall
- Select “restart later” when the prompt appears. Restart when you finished uninstall each update.
Once that’s done user must need to stop windows from attempting to download the updates again in the future. For that follow this steps,
- Search “windows update” in start menu
- Select “check for updates” and you should see the updates listed above.
- Click on “important updates available”
- Right click each of the updates from above and choose hide updates.
Both windows 7 and windows 8.1 users can use this method.
For that you need to follow this steps.
- Go to windows update
- Click on change settings
- Select “check for updates but let me change whether to download and install them”
This method is only for windows 8.1 users. Windows 8.1 has a setting for metered connections, but this step only work for wifi and mobile broadband networks.
- Click on the network icon
- Right click it
- Choose “set as metered connection”
- Type PC setting on start screen
- Select network
- Select connections
- Now select the connection that want to change
- Turn on “set as metered connection under data usage.
From this method windows update will not download large updates through this connection anymore.
Windows 10 Download
- Get Windows 10 officially-: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade
- Windows 10 Free Download from third party websites-: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade / http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-operating-system-free-download-full-version
Windows 10 Features