Presently iOS 9.0 / 9.1 / 9.2 are officially released to the public. But do you want to downgrade iOS 9 back to 8.4.1? Yes, you can revert back your iphone, ipad, or ipod touch that has been upgraded to IOS 9. Maybe you sense your device get slower, getting extremely hot in a short time, the device battery drains so fast or maybe a necessary app isn’t yet compatible with iOS 9.
Do I lose any data after downgrading?
If you choose ‘clean install IOS 9’ you will lose your data such as games, apps, contacts, documents, photos, etc.. If you backup your data using icloud then your data will protect.
Important things to remember before downgrading iOS 9 to 8.4
- Downgrading is only works as long as Apple signs the prior version of iOS to older version of iOS which is typically a short window.
- You can’t restore an iTunes backup from a new version of ios to older version of So you may lose your data from this process. But you can use iCloud backup for this process that more secure your data.
Steps to downgrading IOS 9 to restore back IOS 8.4
- Step 1 – Go to ‘settings’ and turn off find my phone
- Step 2 – Power off your device
- Step 3 – Launch iTunes on the computer
- Step 4 – connect the device to the computer using the USB cable
- Step 5 – Immediately start holding down the power button and home button together for 10 seconds, then release the home button. After that you will gain a message in iTunes that saying your device in recovery mode has been detect you and ready to start the downgrade process.
- Step 6 – Select IOS device iTunes and go to the summery
- Step 7 – Restore via IOS 8.4
- Step 8 – Restore from IOS 8.4 backup
- Step 9 – Restore to IOS 8.4 IPSW by option clicking ‘restore button’
- Step 10 – Device will reboot when finished and your device will successfully downgrade.
How to Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch