How to Downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4
Apple officially released iOS 8.4.1 on 14th August 2015. iOS 8.4.1 version available to install all the iPhones, iPads and iPod touch devices. This iOS 8.4.1 version fixed several issues of iOS 8.4. There most of the iOS users around the world, download and install this latest iOS 8.4.1. At this moment, most the iPhone users, try to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4.
Apple iOS 8.4.1 is not only for fix iOS 8.4 issues, it main focus is to block PP jailbreak and Taig Jailbreak. So, iOS users lost third party apps installation. That’s the main reason to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOs 8.4 version.
Which iDevices can Downgrade to iOS 8.4?
- iPhone 4S and above iPhone devices
- iPad 2 and above iPad devices
- iPod touch 5 and above iPod devices
How to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4 with all methods
At this moment, Apple still allowing to sign iOS 8.4 version and you can downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4
using normal process. Soon, Apple will stop to sign to iOS 8.4 version. Therefore, you have to saving SHSH blobs of iOS 8.4 using TinyUmbrella. After saving, SHSH blobs of iOS 8.4, you can downgrade your iDevice anytime.
Method 1: Downgrade iOS 8.4.1
This method is working for everyone who wants to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4.
1. You want to put your iOS device in DFU mode. That means,
- Plug your iDevice into your computer.
- Then power off the device by holding power button.
- After power off, hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Then, hold the “Home” button without releasing the the “Power” button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button, but don’t release the Home button. Continue to holding that button until you get a popup message from iTune.
2. Click on “OK” button to the next step.
3. Click on the “Restore” button.
4. Then click on the “Restore and Update” button for next step.
5. In the next window, it will give you information about the iOS 8.4 update. Then, click on the Next button and Agree button to continue.
6. Automatically, iTune will download iOS 8.4 firmware and install it the device. It will take around 10 minutes.
Congratulations, you have successfully restored your device to iOS 8.4. You will see the startup “Helo” screen. Then follow the instructions to set up your device. Finally, restore your previously backup data from the iCloud.
This is the first method to “Downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4”.
Method 2: Downgrade iOS 8.4.1
This method is faster than the first method. We have used couple of times and it was successfully downgraded. However, this is not a good method. So we cannot recommend you to do this all the time.
- Go to the Settings > iCloud> Find my iPhone – Now, turn off this.
- Download appropriate iOS 8.4 firmware to your computer. You can download, iPhone 6 plus – iPhone 5 iOS 8.4 firmwares from the below links.
iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.4 Firmware : iPhone7,1_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 6 iOS 8.4 Firmware : iPhone7,2_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 5s iOS 8.4 Firmware : iPhone6,1_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 5 iOS 8.4 Firmware : iPhone5,1_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 5c iOS 8.4 Firmware : iPhone5,3_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipsw
- Connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select the iOS device from the top right corner.
- Then hold the Shift key in Windows OS or Alt key in Mac OS and click on “Check for Update” Option.
- After that, select iOS 8.4 IPSW file that you had download.
- iTune will popup a message,” iTune will update your iPhone to iOS 8.4 and will verify the update with Apple.” Click on Update button.
- iTune will start to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to 8.4. After the downgrading, the iOS device will restart. You will see then, “Slide to Upgrade“. Enter your passcode, wait couple of minutes to proceed the downgrade.
Please note: Apple will stop signing to iOS 8.4. Save SHSH then you can downgrade at any time.